>>> I'm wondering how you go about taking info from a html form and
>>> have it emailed to a recipient when the server hosting the web page
>>> is a Windows machine. I know that on a *nix machine you can invoke
>>> the sendmail program, but how do you do it on say Win2K server?

I've found Mail::Sender to be extremely simple and useful :

use Mail::Sender;
$sender = new Mail::Sender{smtp => 'mail.yourdomain.com', from => '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'};
$sender->MailFile({to      => '[EMAIL PROTECTED]',
                   subject => 'Here is the file',
                   msg     => "I'm sending you the list you wanted.",
                   file    => 'filename.txt'});