Teresa Raymond write:
: OK, I'm not going to write my own script for attaching an email.  I'm
: going to try to modify the script from Randal's Web Techniques.  I
: need to point to the location of MIME::Lite.  I'm having difficulty
: with syntax with CGI.pm and strict.  all of the below gives a server
: 500 error.

Find out where your server's error log file is kept and check it
right after you get one of these errors. It will help you immensely.

: #ORIGINALLY SAID
: if (@params)
: {require MIME::Lite;
:
: #DOES NOT WORK:
: if (@params)
: {require /www/host/cgi-bin/Lite.pm;
:
: #DOES NOT WORK:
: if (@params)
: {require ('/www/host/cgi-bin/Lite.pm');

* Are you sure that this is the line that the script is dying on?

* What are the permissions on the Lite.pm module? It must be readable
  by whatever user your HTTP server is running as.

* In general, it's not a good idea to simple copy the .pm file into an
  area (especially the CGI area).  You're better off doing an actual
  install.  Do "perldoc perlmodinstall" or see

    http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/CPAN/perl/pod/perlmodinstall.html

  for instructions aboutr installing Perl modules.

-- tdk