At 09:12 19.06.2001 -0700, Curtis Poe wrote:

>If you are running Apache on a Windows box, then yes, you will need the
>shebang line.  Here's a
>quick intro in setting up Apache on
>Windows:  http://www.perlmonks.org/index.pl?node_id=44536
>(umm... you did say Windows, right?).

This brings up an interesting thing.

At the office, I'm running Apache 1.3 locally on Win2000, and I don't have
to use the shebang line, as I have Perl in my path.  However, I just
installed Apache on my Win2000 machine at home, using the current Apache
installation for Windows (ends with an .msi extension) found on
www.apache.org.  Now, I need to use the shebang line, using Windows style
paths (ie C:/perl/perl.exe).  I vaguely remember adding a registry entry by
hand to get Apache running Perl on my Win2000 here in the office, which I
didn't do on my computer at home.  Is that what I'm missing, or has Apache
changed and now requires the shebang line on Windows as well.
Aaron Craig
Programming
iSoftitler.com