--- "Moon, John" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Yes, ... it's gone ...
>
> Thanks ...
>
> Interestingly, doesn't appear on subsequent calls to endform ...
>
> so I'm a little concerned I don't understand what CGI (or I) am doing ...
> it would seem like it should always give the same results ...

A quick glance at the CGI docs (which I should have done in the first place!) shows
that -nosticky
will stop CGI.pm from outputting the hidden .cgifields tags:

use CGI qw/-nosticky/;

CGI.pm uses "sticky fields".  If you submit a form and CGI.pm redisplays that form
using its HTML
shortcuts, it automatically fills in all of the form values for you if your param
names match the
HTML shortcut attribute names.  Apparently, CGI.pm uses the hidden .cgifields tag to
let it know
that it's processing a 'sticky' form.

Cheers,
Curtis Poe