[--8<-- example deleted --8<--]

> Hope that's what you wanted.
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Rachel Coleman

That's exactly what I was looking for, thanks Rachel!  Darren Chamberlain
also provided me with an example of how to do get the two scalars into
a hash. I suppose if I owned a copy of Learning Perl I would have seen
this example already and wouldn't have needed to ask the question but
Learning Perl 3rd edition was/is so close to release I thought I would
just wait for it... in fact, I took a break typing this and hopped-over to
Amazon and put in a pre-order. :)

Thanks again for your help!

Glenn

Glenn Tillema                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
ADC Telecommunications, Inc.
PO Box 1101, MS 508
Minneapolis, MN  55440-1101
Learn about ADC - The Broadband Company - www.adc.com