On Fri, Jul 20, 2001 at 08:42:01AM +0930, Daniel Falkenberg wrote:
> List,
>
> I have a problem that I need a hyperlink to take me to a location still
> situated on my script but I need this hyperlink to be also able to pass on
> variables to the next sub.  I can do this with radio buttons and checkboxes
>
> $variable = param('unique_id')
>
> HTML as follows...
>
> <input type="radio" value='$variable'>
>
> Now I have a hyperlink <a
> href="helpdesk.cgi?action=test_modify?name=$unique_id"> And I want to pass
> the unique_id onto the next sub it takes it too.
>
> Is this possible and does this make sense?

Simply use an INPUT element like this:

<input type=image
        height=21
        width=31
        border=0
        value="Go"
        name="Go"
        src="http://i.imdb.com/f163.gif";
        align=absmiddle

This will behave just like a normal form submit button, except it will
be an image.  If you want to get a bit more fancy and have the image
change when the mouse passes overhead or when clicked you will need to
use javascript.

No prizes for guessing whose webpage I stole this snippet from.

--
Paul Campbell (Sourceforge) <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://www.kemitix.uklinux.net   SETI@Home Units: 271