Yup.

Too late for -T.
That's what it says whenever I put the -T on my shebang line.

I have:
perl -V
Summary of my perl5 (revision 5 version 6 subversion 0) configuration:
   Platform:
     osname=MSWin32, osvers=4.0, archname=MSWin32-x86-multi-thread
     uname=''
     config_args='undef'
     hint=recommended, useposix=true, d_sigaction=undef
     usethreads=undef use5005threads=undef useithreads=define
usemultiplicity=define
     useperlio=undef d_sfio=undef uselargefiles=undef
     use64bitint=undef use64bitall=undef uselongdouble=undef usesocks=undef
   Compiler:
     cc='cl', optimize='-O1 -MD -DNDEBUG', gccversion=
     cppflags='-DWIN32'
     ccflags ='-O1 -MD -DNDEBUG -DWIN32 -D_CONSOLE -DNO_STRICT
-DHAVE_DES_FCRYPT  -DPERL_IMPLICIT_CONTEXT -DPERL_IMPLICIT_SYS
-DPERL_MSVCRT_READFIX'
     stdchar='char', d_stdstdio=define, usevfork=false
     intsize=4, longsize=4, ptrsize=4, doublesize=8
     d_longlong=undef, longlongsize=8, d_longdbl=define, longdblsize=10
     ivtype='long', ivsize=4, nvtype='double', nvsize=8, Off_t='off_t',
lseeksize=4
     alignbytes=8, usemymalloc=n, prototype=define
   Linker and Libraries:
     ld='link', ldflags ='-nologo -nodefaultlib
-release  -libpath:"D:\Perl\lib\CORE"  -machine:x86'
     libpth="D:\Perl\lib\CORE"
     libs=  oldnames.lib kernel32.lib user32.lib gdi32.lib
winspool.lib  comdlg32.lib advapi32.lib shell32.lib ole32.lib
oleaut32.lib  netapi32.lib uuid.lib wsock32.lib mpr.lib
winmm.lib  version.lib odbc32.lib odbccp32.lib msvcrt.lib
     libc=msvcrt.lib, so=dll, useshrplib=yes, libperl=perl56.lib
   Dynamic Linking:
     dlsrc=dl_win32.xs, dlext=dll, d_dlsymun=undef, ccdlflags=' '
     cccdlflags=' ', lddlflags='-dll -nologo -nodefaultlib
-release  -libpath:"D:\Perl\lib\CORE"  -machine:x86'

   Compile-time options: MULTIPLICITY USE_ITHREADS PERL_IMPLICIT_CONTEXT
PERL_IMPLICIT_SYS
   Locally applied patches:
        ActivePerl Build 623
   Built under MSWin32
   Compiled at Dec 15 2000 16:27:07
   @INC:
     D:/Perl/lib
     D:/Perl/site/lib
     .
Apache/1.3.20 (Win32) running...

OS: Win98SE.

The shebang line I've included is:
#!perl -wT

but it always tells me that it's too late for -T. So, when is -T time?

My first suspicion was that if I executed the script from the command line,
then shebang flags would be too late. So, I set it up in my cgi-bin and
tried it in my browser. No joy; when I add -T, the script gets creamed:
Server 500 Error. -w goes down fine, though.

I want to use cgi scripts on this machine, but I think I'd rather not do
that without taint mode. The reason I want to do this under Win98 is
because all of my games run under that, and this box is still primarily a
toy. Otherwise, I'd just boot the Linux partition and run it there.

Any suggestions, advice, etc.?

TIA,

Robert Bunn
JAPN

This messsage was sent using the trial version of the
1st Class Mail Server software.

The 1st Class Mail Server 3.0 has lots of cool new features.
Best of all, it's still free! To download the latest version,
go to http://www.1cis.com/download/1cismail.asp