At 03:45 AM 7/27/01 -0700, you wrote:
>Take the flags off of the shebang in the script and run the script
>through the Perl interpreter with the flag on the outside. So instead of
>running the program like:
>
>/myproggie.pl
>
>Do run it as:
>
>perl -wT myproggie.pl

Yes, but . . . I wanted to run it *as a cgi called by Apache*. I can't do
that from the command line. I found the culprit, though. In my httpd.conf
file was:

ScriptInterpreterSource registry

which disables shebang parsing on Win machines.

--
Robert Bunn
JAPN

This messsage was sent using the trial version of the
1st Class Mail Server software.

The 1st Class Mail Server 3.0 has lots of cool new features.
Best of all, it's still free! To download the latest version,
go to http://www.1cis.com/download/1cismail.asp