Hello!

Normally I would like to figure this out on my own, but I am working on
the functionality
of certain parts of this cgi instead. I am having trouble with the
following code bit:

#!/usr/bin/perl -w

require("header.cgi");
require("footer.cgi");

use strict;
use CGI qw/:standard/;

my $cgi = new CGI;
my $pfile = "./pword";
my $admin = "jamesk\@ashlandagency.com";

#--------------------- Start Page --------------
&get_header;
#--------------------- Enter Your Stuff Below --

if(param()) {

print $cgi->h2("Thanks!");

}
else{

print $cgi->h2("Login Please");                 # Level 2 header
print $cgi->start_form,                         # Start the Form
           "You User Name: ",br,
           textfield('username'),br,br,         # UserName Field

           "Your Password: ",br,
           password_field('pass'),br,br,        # Password Field
           submit("Submit"),  reset("Clear"),   # Submit and Clear
           end_form;                            # End the Form
}

#------------------ Stop Entering Stuff!!! --
&get_footer;

And if I don't miss my guess, this should print out the form if no
params are entered and print  out "Thanks" if they are. Right?

Well, initially it seems that it works right, but if I don't enter
anything, and hit submit, I get the "Thanks!". I thought I got rid of
that posiblity with the if(param()) { }else{} stuff, didn't I?

-James

--
James Kelty
Sr. Unix Systems Administrator