--- Craig Monroe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Folsk,
> Forgive me. I am new to the list and cgi's in general.
> I decided that I wanted to test my scripts locally,
> before I implement them and/or debug them on the remote server.
> So, I build a unix box for my house.  My problem is that when
> I attempt to execute a simple script in my cgi-bin dir, the script
> attempts to save as, rather than execute the perl script.
> Any help would be appreciated.

Assuming that you are actually running them through a Web server, it sounds like your
Web server
is not configured to handle cgi requests.  What type of Web server are you running?

You may want to read
http://www.easystreet.com/~ovid/cgi_course/appendices/appendix1.html for more
information about getting your scripts to run.

Cheers,
Curtis Poe

=====
Senior Programmer