Hi, I would like to know how to remove escape characters from strings.
I use PHP and it has a function called StipSlashes (), that does exactly
that, but I cannot seem to find anything similar in Perl. We have
existing CGi scripts that read input from a web form, and then
displays/mail the content of the text boxes to another user. If there
are quotes or special characters in those text boxes, the person
receives the mail with escape characters infront of htme, and I'd like
to remove those.

Thanks for your help.

PS, could you pls be gentle, I've seen some of the regular expression
command in Perl while looking for an example, and it's like Greek to me,
so if you have time to explain exactly how to use it and what it does, I
will become more self sufficient sooner, and will hence post less silly
questions here...

Thanks