Please disregard I figured this matter out. It was a stupid little syntax mistake.

Thank You all for your patience.

Darryl

-----Original Message-----
From: Darryl Schnell
Sent: Thursday, January 31, 2002 8:04 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: Question Regarding select variables and sub routines

I thought it might be alittle cryptic when I reread it.

This is the part of the program in question

$search_str = $x->param('search_str');
$choice = $x->param('choice'); (Choice is a html select of emailname or accountnumber)

if ($choice eq accountnumber) {
  $search_str = &padacctno($x->param('search_str');
  $check_results = &sybase_acct_search($search_str); <--- I want this search_str
variable to be the new padded accountnumber however my $search_str =
&padacctno)$x->param('search_str') doesn't seem to like this)
} else {
  $check_results = &sybase_acct_search($search_str) <-- if the user chooses to search
by emailname instead it goes here. This part is working fine).
}

I hope that's alittle better of an explanation. I was getting frantic yesterday
because I need to get this thing done ASAP.

Thanks,
Darryl