Rahul,

If I understand you correctly, you want to have lots of links that open new
framesets, without creating a new frameset document for each page to be
opened.

If that's correct, then don't worry, it's not at all off topic!
The general principal is this:

You make all the links go to the same script, just change the query string
for each link. e.g.
link 1 - /cgi-bin/frame-this.cgi?http://www.yahoo.com
link 2 - /cgi-bin/frame-this.cgi?http://www.google.com

Then you make the cgi script!...

It should read the query string. (which is everything passed to the program
behind the '?'. In the first example above, this would be
'http://www.yahoo.com')

Then print a frameset document to the browser, with the url for the first
frame being the static page you always use, i.e. '/banner.html'
Then for the second frame, make the url the address you got from the query
string.

I haven't given you any code to actually do this, because the first thing I
ever wrote in Perl was this very script, and figuring it out was a good
first step into Learning The World of Perl! :)

I also didn't mention security at all, I check the query string for non-url
characters, and also check that it's not pointing to itself
i.e. /cgi-bin/frame-this.cgi?http://this-site.com/cgi-bin/frame-it.cgi
wouldn't be allowed.
And of course use 'strict', warnings and Taint.

Hope this helps,
And of course I appreciate any further comments, and suggestions on further
security.

Carl

--
p.s. Please don't cc me. I'm on the list.