I don't think you can check for the existence of an e-mail address without
actually attempting to send mail to it. You can ping or traceroute a domain,
but only the mail server associated with it knows if the username is valid
or not. If this is wrong, somebody with information please reply to the
list - it might be on the 'wish list' for a lot of people, including me. :)

Scot Robnett
inSite Internet Solutions
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
www.insiteful.tv

Is there also a module or another way to test the existence of an email
address ?

Kind regards,
Rene Verharen

Please DO NOT reply to me personally.  I'll get my copy from the list.

---