At 07:46 PM 3/31/02 +0000, you wrote:

>I am writing a discussion board which can be used by several sites and which
>is backed with one and the same database. To make it look at each of
>participating
>site like this site's discussion board, I have to allow site owners to upload
>HTML header and footer which contain their basic graphical elements like
>navigation
>buttons, major links and the like.

Toomas,

Why not take a different approach? Write a tiny program for their servers
which does an LWP::get against your server to fetch the content from the
database, and insert it appropriately into a template which they are
responsible for and on a hardcoded path. This is the approach I take with
my product SIMPL that provides a similar service, albeit for website
creation. It'll also relieve you of the lion's share of bandwidth
considerations which might vary greatly from site to site you're serving,
and should insulate you from any security concerns with other designer's
HTML and (esp.) Javascripting.

hth,

Marty

--