Hi John,

> I'm sorry, I don't understand your question very well.
> Can you give an example?
No. I didn't start to arrange a program yet, so there is no specific
problem. I just want your hints which way would be a good idea. What
modules to use and so on.
I never had to manage any usertracking and I don't know how to do it
using Perl only.

My task is to provide a Perl/CGI-solution to pass the results of a first
search into a second search within these results. And I'm looking for an
elegant way of passing the data (which can be quite a lot) and it would
be nice not to lose the user who started the query.

Any idea how I could do this is welcome!

> By "standard-Perl only", do you mean only using
> modules that come with Perl?
Yes! Or better: those which are usually installed.