Hi,

What kind of trouble are you having with your first connect?  Are you
having a MySQL issue or is it with the Perl DBI?

I am one of the authors of "Writing CGI Applications with Perl" and I would
love to help you out and also see what other details may need to be added
to any future versions of the book.

Brent

                      "Maureen E

                      Fischer"                 To:       <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        cc:       (bcc: Brent
Michalski/STL/MASTERCARD)
                      com>                     Subject:  Perl/CGI mysql book

                      06/05/02 01:12 PM

I am writing my first CGI application and after analysis of the data
structure that is required I determined that a DBM file would not be
sufficient.  Mysql was suggested to me.  Unfortunately I could not find
A book that seemed based on Perl and sql.  Everything I found connected
Mysql to PHP -- which I know nothing about.  Since I am new to almost
Everyting except some ancient languages and systems I didn't want to
Bite off yet another learning experience just yet.  I did find and
purchase "Writing CGI Applications with Perl", which did have a chapter
on sql, but since I am having trouble with my first connect I think I
will need more
Help then the brief chapter can give me.  Any suggestion would
Be very welcome.