Ok, what is it that you want? It's hard to read when the code is split up over
the page.
Maybe it already answered your questions ??

#!/usr/local/bin/perl
#

$username = param('username');

open(USER, "< user.dat");
 while (<USER>) {
  chomp;
  ($name, $site, $site_id, $des, $email, $pass) = split(/\|/, $_);
  if ( $site_id eq $username ) {
    push my @usereq, $_;
close(USER);