--- Niko Gunadi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hii,
>
> I want to create a link to another page and want to pass some variables
> in which i do not want the user to know. (POST method)
>
>   how to do that ?
>
>   regards,
>   niko

Niko,

If you pass the variables to the page, the user can find them, period.  If you control
the output
of the other page, you'll need to create some sort of persistence mechanism.
Typically, this is
done by assigning session ids, saving the data to the database using the session id,
passing the
session id to the new page and having the resource that generates the new page
retrieve the
information via the session id.

The question, though, is *why* you don't want the user to know this data.  If this is
truly
important, then you'll go with a scheme similar to what I have mentioned (never
letting the data
leave the server, only a key to the data is sent).  If it's really not that important,
hidden HTML
fields can be used.

Cheers,
Curtis "Ovid" Poe

=====
"Ovid" on http://www.perlmonks.org/
Someone asked me how to count to 10 in Perl:
push@A,$_ for reverse q.e...q.n.;for(@A){$_=unpack(q|c|,$_);@a=split//;
shift@a;shift@a if $a[$[]eq$[;$_=join q||,@a};print $_,$/for reverse @A