From: "alex" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, July 19, 2002 10:16 AM
Subject: regex - problem

Hi,

I have this unsignificant problem:  I try to match an email-adress...
works, EXCEPT the very last .com or .de ... it matches .com and .de
but not .d nor .x - ok so far.
but it also matches .dererere - which it shouldn't. I used the {2,3}
but it seems, that the max-count is being ignored.

any ideas? thanks in advance

if (@ARGV != 1){
        print "ONE PARAMETER ONLY!!!\n"
} else {

        if ($ARGV[0] =~
                @a = split /@/,$ARGV[0];
                print "user:   $a[0]\ndomain: $a[1]\n";
                print "MATCH\n";
        }else{
                print "MISMATCH\n";

cheers
 alex                          mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]