Hello everyone,

I am writing a CGI to access a database.  There is a form for the user to input the record into the database.  If the user inputs a record that is already in the database I would like the CGI to prompt the user they are doing this and if they wish to continue then the record will be updated based upon the user's input.

To implement this, I encoded a submit action inside the CGI's insert function.    I've coded a function which determines how the CGI was called (i.e. as a call from the insert function or as an original call of the CGI from the web form).  However, I am unable to retrieve the input values from the user which are stored in the CGI object.

Is there a way to retrieve the values of a CGI object from the original call of a CGI after a subsequent call from a function internal to the CGI?

Below are the relevant pieces of source code.  Thanks for any assistance.
Don