Hello world

Is there any way of encrypting a credit card number etc. so that it can
not be seen when being transmitted from desktop to server? The user
needs to see what they type to make sure it is correct - so how do we
get cgi to encrypt that at the user end before transmission.

I have read some books about it but all we appear to be able to do is to
encrypt the received raw number before storing it so that the file it is
kept in cannot be opened and read. Is that the limit right now?

Any ideas or places to look?

thanks all

JimmyG