On Wed, 18 Sep 2002 at 12:53, [EMAIL PROTECTED] opined:

[snip]
n:My problem with this scenario involves my lack of knowledge in --
n:
n:A. ... first converting a current system date to a string date (which can
n:be appended to a text log file).
n:B. ... or comparing the logged initial-question date with the current
n:system date to determine if 30 days have gone by since the initial question.
n:
n:Any ideas on how to do this?

have you looked into using date::calc?  it may be the answer to all your
questions.

http://search.cpan.org/author/STBEY/Date-Calc-5.1/