Date::Calc is a wonderful thing. If that doesn't work however I would
suggest just storing the number of seconds from epoch (aka time) in the
log file. Then you simply subtract 30 days worth of seconds aka,

60*60*24*30 seconds -> which you can just use the constant for whatever
that comes out to be (yeh I know I am on a computer but I am sure you
can handle the simple math ;-))

from the current time in seconds from the epoch and if the time in the
log is greater then it hasn't been 30 days.  Or you could do the
reverse, tack on 30 days worth of seconds to the time in the log and if
that is greater than the current time then it hasn't been 30 days, etc.

If you then need readable date/time strings for either time you can just
localtime it.

http://danconia.org