Wiggins,
    Tried it, no joy! Even tried a reference to the array, no workie!
Because this -looks like- a hash
$image->Border(geometry=>'5x5', fill=>'red');
(and works) I will try to approach it as a hash. This is one of those
'exercises' where I am trying to replicate functionality I have seen on the
web (specifically Image Magick Studio). If this leads to a compact,
functioning program I will make it available to all interested. Thanks for
your response!
David