From: Octavian Rasnita [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, December 03, 2002 9:38 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: 5.005_03 vs. 5.8

I've seen some differences between Perl 5.6.1 and 5.8, but only under
Windows which is not your case.

A problem of Perl 5.8 under Windows is that the module DBD::mysql cannot be
installed with PPM. It might be compiled with a C compiler, I don't know.
However, MySQL can be used under Windows and Perl 5.8 by installing the
module DBD::mysqlPP.

It is not so complete, but for basic functions, it works.

This is a module for PurePerl. Could anyone tell me what "pure perl" means?

Teddy,
Teddy's Center: http://teddy.fcc.ro/
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]