I have an ongoing problem.

As you know, HTML encodes GET and POST requests using the format:
"myurl.com?name1=value1&name2=value2&..."

My problem is, I have users constantly using ampersands (&) in text fields
(ex: John & Jane Doe), so my data comes across as:
"?name1=value1&name2=val&ue2=&name3=value3" etc...

So, when I split this into a hash, the data after a user-entered & is
effectively lost. My current solution to this is to add a Javascript that
prevents the user from submitting the form if there's an & in the likely
text fields, BUT...

Is there an elegant solution to this? Can Perl process this effectively?

Thanks.

--
-John Stokes
Computer Psychiatrist (Director of Information Technology)

Three Pillars: Humility, Communication, Balance