From: "Philip Pawley" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, January 14, 2003 11:05 PM
Subject: HTTP headers

Can I add an HTTP header to my web-site's server's response with perl? (It
isn't my server). The server is running perl 5.6.1. If I can get it to work,
I want to start using "Expires:" headers.

I've no idea whether this makes any sense but I tried the following:-

I have a .pl script called by SSI from my html pages. The other
functionality of the script works fine.
I added these lines culled from the HTTP::Headers documentation (I added the
"my"):-

require HTTP::Headers;
my $h = HTTP::Headers->new;
$h->header('Content-Type' => 'text/plain');

The page is still served, but there is no difference in the headers. I tried
other headers too, still without any effect.

As I say, I don't know what I'm doing, so all this may be totally absurd.

Please put me on the right track.

Thanks,
Philip Pawley