On Thursday 27 February 2003 08:43 am, you wrote:
> I write MacPerl at work to munge local files but use CGIs for my personal
> website. The various hosting plans I have allow Perl and I have never had a
> problem with them. I am starting a new, more CGI-intensive project and I'm
> troubled by the question "how much PERL is too much." Bandwidth can be
> metered, but I haven't seen hosters who meter processor time. Instead they
> make vague statements about removing inappropriately-greedy scripts.
>
> Does anyone know how hosting companies really approach this issue? Are
> there CGI-friendly hosters? Do scripts and accounts get pulled all the
> time, or is this not something to worry about. Can I start calculating pi
> now?
>
> Thanks,
> Tim

I have another vote for he.net Those guys are great.

Using the prefix modifier you can install any version of perl you like in
your own web space. Also if there is a  module you would like to use i.e. I
use DBD::Xbase, you can install that in your virtual web space and all will
be well with the hosting service, the perl gods, and anybody else that has
any opinion.