when running my script from the command line, it generates the html fine, however when
I upload it to my hosters' server (apache on linux), I get an internal server error.
when checking the log, I find:

"premature end of script headers" and "no such file or directory"

I have uploaded in ASCII, included the html header with the two newlines following,
set the correct permissions for the file and its folder, used UNIX line endings, the
syntax is correct (running it with the -c flag on the command prompt tells me it is
fine).

I have a simple 'hello world' script on the server and this one works fine.

the script reads from two files, a functions.lib and a text database. they are both
located in the same folder and have their permissions set to 644

I don't know what else it could be and am starting to go crazy here.

please help (thanks in advance)

rachel