On Saturday, Mar 15, 2003, at 07:49 US/Pacific, Wiggins d'Anconia wrote: [..]
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Can anyone tell me why I am receiving an error can't
locate Net/LDAP.pm in @ INC (@INC  includes
/usr/lib/perl5/5.6.1 etc, etc etc, etc.

this could be the simpler problem - namely that

Net::LDAP.pm

is not installed on the web-server host.
eg:

[jeeves: 2:] perl -MNet::LDAP -e 'print $Net::LDAP::VERSION'
Can't locate Net/LDAP.pm in @INC (@INC contains: <yadda-yadda-yadda>).
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted.
[jeeves: 3:] perl -MCGI -e 'print $CGI::VERSION . "\n";'
2.56
[jeeves: 4:]

<snip>

I've never quite gotten this to work.  The farthest I've
gotten is that the "use Net::LDAP" (as in your case) was
being found, but then some module reference within that
module would evidently not have been resolved.
So, what I'm providing you is probably not the complete
story about how to install your own modules.  But, maybe
someone else will respond.

Probably the best and easiest way to avoid this lack of dependency problem is to use CPAN.
[..]

http://search.cpan.org/author/GBARR/perl-ldap-0.2701/lib/Net/LDAP/ FAQ.pod

lists a collection of pre-req modules,
including things like

        URI::ldap
        XML::Parser

depending upon which parts of the Net::LDAP
you really want to use....

So Wiggins most excellent recommendation would be to
use the CPAN modules for downloading and installing,
or the old school tie approach of downloading the
various modules and building them as needed...

I come from the old school tie approach, since it also
helps one understand how to build CPAN style modules,
and keep the process going cleanly...

ciao drieux

---

-- To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]