Cool Hand Luke wrote:
> Hi there,
>     I am having the toughest time trying to run perl scripts on this
> Stronghold Apache SSL server I am working with for my company.
> Everything I run returns the same 'premature end of script headers'
> error message. This has happened with every script I've run except
> the most rudimentary "hello world" types of scripts. I've made sure
> the chmod were set to 755 for all files and the directory all the
> files are in to eliminate that as a concern. Is it the buffering?
> I've also made sure that I was uploading the files in ascii mode and
> not binary and I've been saving the files using UNIX conventions, so
> I don't think any invisible carriage returns or anything of the sort
> have crept in. Here is what I am trying to run this time... Any help
> would be appreciated, cuz I'm stumped. Thanks

Two suggestions:

1. You *MUST* examine the server's error log. "Prematue end of script
headers" is just a generic message put out by Apache when it couldn't find
the response header your script should have put out. Any error messages
output by Perl or your script will be found in the error log. Until you can
see those logs, we're just guessing.

2. Check the Apache FAQ article on this at
<http://httpd.apache.org/docs/misc/FAQ.html#premature-script-headers>