Bill> Thanks for the edification. You have been one of the most prolific
Bill> contributors to the group, so I take no umbrage. Truly, you write it as
Bill> perl, but the books label it PERL (Practical Extraction and Reporting
Bill> Language). Please remember this is a beginners group which shares your
Bill> enthusiasm, but not your expertise.

Actually, that's one of our clues that it's a *bad book*.  If you
see it spelled that way, they are less than clueful, and probably
don't hang out with the experts.

Put another way, when *you* spell it "PERL", we know you aren't
part of the "cool crowd". :)