On Thursday, Jun 5, 2003, at 14:33 US/Pacific, Greenhalgh David wrote: [..]
My thanks to both of you. The explanation was clear even to me,
much better than the book i am using to learn perl.
[..]

which book are you trying to learn from?

What you may also want to think about, is that an
author of a book does not get the luxury of watching
how others are offering answers to a specific question,
and then craft a response that fills in specific details
not yet covered by others, based upon the work i was avoiding...
( cf. ps note below.... )

So there were several folks who offered may very good
examples and technical bits that laid a really great
set of base lines, so that I was left with merely writing
a summation of basic experiences.

I will defer to Kristofer to make sure that the
named and unnamed hash tricks get mentioned in this discussion.

As you start to feel at home with how to play tricks
with hashes in perl, you will understand the core of
the Perl5 implementation of OO style Objects as well...

ciao
drieux

---

ps: I of course had my bbedit of a current piece of cgi code
laying open, and I am mumbling unpleasantries at the
difference between what I have coded, and what I WANT it to do,
and so took a break to review what questions were floating.

one of the silliest cases was trying to figure out
how I wanted to solve a problem, and after answering a
theoretical question on a mailing list. I opted to
just cut and paste my answer into my code, dust it up
and move on to the next little piece of HORROR that
needed to be coded correctly...

-- To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]