SR:Is anyone aware of a good module for scheduling an event that is not a
SR:command line event? I may just be able to use cron for this but I'm
checking
SR:if there is another solution. I want to schedule an e-mail to be sent to
SR:list of about 1,000 subscribers at a future time. I'll have the
SR:administrator entering a date and time in a web form and will pull the
time
SR:request out of the params. Also using the MIME::Lite module (there's a
~200K
SR:attachment going with it) rather than just piping to sendmail -t. Just
SR:wondered if anybody had done something similar and what has worked well
for
SR:you.

fliptop wrote:
--------------
you could store the future date/time on disk and use a perl script via
cron to compare current to stored and send out via MIME::Lite (like every
hour or something).

        That's probably the option I'll end up using.
        I just wondered if something more streamlined
        had already been built into a module, even if
        it does exactly what you just described using
        a cron file. Maybe my first CPAN contribution
        should be to write a Schedule::Sendmail module. :)

fliptop wrote:
are the email addresses stored in a db?  any reason you can't use
majordomo or ezmlm or something similar?

        Yes, they're stored in a MySQL database table
        of subscribers. I -could- use majordomo or ezmlm
        but my client has a lot of proprietary things
        going on between the site and the e-mails that
        the customers are receiving, so without mods,
        existing mailing list managers don't quite cut it.