On 6/26/03 at 10:14 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Bob X) wrote:

> How would I go about saving the textarea of an HTML page to a text
file?

    use CGI;
    my $q = new CGI;
    my $record = $q-param('text_field');
    open(OUTFILE, ">output.txt") or die "Can't open output.txt: $!";
    print OUTFILE $record;

send donations to TPF:
http://donate.yetanother.org/

read:
perldoc perlintro
perldoc CGI
perldoc perlopentut

Regards,
Andrew

--

  This post is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
  MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  Any code