On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 at 23:46, Mike opined:

M:What if I now want to upload 2 files.  The first can be up to 100k in size
M:and the second up to 80k in size?  That is pretty much the way I have it set
M:up at the moment...
M:
M:Or should I admit defeat at this stage and allow 2 files to be uploaded that
M:have a combined size of 180k maximum?

since $CGI::POST_MAX examines the overall size of the entire post, there
wouldn't be a way to use it to determine sizes of multiple files
individually.  in this case, you'd have to split the uploads into 2 forms,
or use one of the other methods that were suggested to examine each file
on its own.