Mike Harrison wrote:

Hello all,

Well, I have spent the last few nights messing around trying to work out why
one of my PERL programs doesn't work.  If anybody can shed some light on
this, I might be able to get some sleep :)

I am using a hosting service to host my web site, and they use a Microsoft
NT-based server system (sorry, I don't know the nitty-gritty details).  They
allow user cgi programs (PERL, PHP etc.), and until now most of my PERL
programs have worked as expected.  I am using NTEmacs as a text editor for
my HTML & PERL programming.

With one program, I am getting an error message as follows:

CGI Error
The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set
of HTTP headers. The headers it did return are:

(nothing else is printed to the screen after 'The headers it did return are:')

My question is:  Are line breaks important with PERL programs, and if so,
any tips?  If line breaks are not likely to be the problem in this case,
does anybody know why I am getting this error?

Note that I have a similar PERL program in the same directory that works
fine.  So I think it is my program and not the web server...  It might be I
have overlooked an important detail that I can't see on the screen - such as
line breaks or other non-printable characters???

Thanks in advance for any help,
Mike.

How are you generating your HTTP headers? Can you post some code?

-- To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]