On Tue, 26 Aug 2003 19:20:03 +0000, Greenhalgh David <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> This may be the wrong forum to ask this...
>
> How do I uninstall a module downloaded from CPAN? Specifically, I
> cannot get the DBD::MySQL driver to install under OS X. It refuses to
> find the mysql_config file, and when I run Makefile again with the -L
> and -I switches it won't work after install.
>
> I am running the Complete MySQL distribution which has worked before,
> but since this installs into /usr/Library and not /usr/local, I am
> wondering if the module ignores symlinks to /usr/local. Hence I want to
> pull everything out and reload the MySQL AB distribution and try again.
> A quick search shows DBD in dozens of places, in perl/ in DBI/ in
> mySQL/ etc etc, which ones do I trash?

You may have better luck in the [EMAIL PROTECTED] list since OS X likes to do all
kinds of weird things with its Perl, and with regards to DBI/DBD in [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Typically removing a Perl module is not as easy as installing them, removing the
associated files is only one step...

Sorry I can't provide specifics I haven't tried this and don't have my PB with me....

http://danconia.org