On Thursday, Nov 6, 2003, at 18:10 US/Pacific, Andrew Gaffney wrote: [..]
<input type=button value='Submit' onClick='top.frames.leftframe.document.location.href = \"yourscriptlocation.pl\"'>

substituting 'leftframe' for the name of the left frame and 'yourscriptlocation.pl' for the URL of your script.
neet solution there, I hadn't thought about arming the 'onClick'.
but why not have the form line simple sort it out for him?
eg:
<form name="myform" method="post" action="myCGI.cgi" target="leftFrame">
</form>

I would have suggested this over my previous solution if I had known you could use the TARGET attribute in a FORM tag.

--
Andrew Gaffney

if it's any help you might want to pick up the O'Reily "Dynamic HTML: The Definitive Reference", since I have found it IMPERATIVE. There is stuff that is allowed in one DOM but not another, of the three of them.

cf:
<http://www.wetware.com/drieux/CS/Proj/TPFH/gen_doc.html>

for my default listing of books one might as well just
break down and put on the shelf.

I found the O'Reilly Book a life saver as it lists
what the canonical alleged attributes are, and which
of them are known only to which group. I actually
had to pull it out to check my foggy memory before
responding...

ciao
drieux

---

-- To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]