> Hi,
>
> Sorry for this off topic subject, but I don't even know where to ask about
> this problem.

M$.com?

> A program on my site saves some email messages and let me download them
> later, and I use the .eml file extension for those files.
> When I try to access the URL to one of those messages, Internet Explorer 6
> doesn't let me to download it if the files have a .eml extension.
> If I choose another extension, (.zip for example), I can download them
> without problems.

I suspect that ".eml" is a recognized extension that is supposed to have
some specific format, maybe IE thinks it is in the XML class because of
the 'ml'. This is usually handled by the mime-type listing in the
browser, and possibly on the server end which determines the
content-type header based on extension when the response chain isn't CGI
based.  Out of curiousity why not just use '.txt' since e-mail is in
plain text anyways?

http://danconia.org