-----Original Message-----
From: Werner Otto [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, June 14, 2004 1:25 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Link

Hi all,

I have form that is made up of records retrieved from a database. The
first column presents the information as a hyperlink. I need to be able
keep a record on which one of the multiple hyperlinks where clicked.
Based
upon the selected link I need to pass the value to the next CGI and
perform an sql query. ANY ideas?

--
Kind Regards,
Otto

Suggestion:
You could have a script that does redirection for all the hyperlinks,
basically all the hyperlinks will point to one script example:

Click here to go to google : - http://www.domain.com/clicktracker?link=1
Click here to go to yahoo : - http://www.domain.com/clicktracker?link=2
Click here to go to hotmail : -
http://www.domain.com/clicktracker?link=3

parameter link 1 = www.google.com
parameter link 2 = www.yahoo.com
parameter link 3 = www.hotmail.com

so when the user clicks on the links it goes to clicktracker.pl, which
does the processing like incrementing a value in the database each time
a user clicks on the link with parameter = link 1 and thereafter it does
a redirection to www.google.com.