Anas,
I think it is doing that because it is the secure protocol. Presumably, I think that means that others can't tap into it unless they have a username and password or some other authorized access. If you're trying to extract from your own site, then I think you need to download the html into a folder onto your PC and then run your cgi through perl on your machine.
--Teresa