On Mon, Nov 01, 2004 at 04:59:35AM -0500, Chasecreek Systemhouse wrote:

> > I made a form that is working... Now the client wants
> > the form to self-update the content of the fields as
> > the user fills out the form. For example, if they pick

> I would choose DHTML or JavaScript - which are things that happen on
> the client.

DHTML being code for "JavaScript + DOM + HTML" ... usually.

The problem with this is that you can't know if it will work - it
depends on the client. It is also easy for the client to forge. So
while it can be used to give information to the user, it is essential
that you do not depend on any data generated from JavaScript to either
exist or be accurate.