Denzil Kruse wrote:
Well, this is what I witnessed.  I'm using a windows
computer at home.  It is configured to display hidden
files.  I have a red hat linux server off who knows
where that hosts my site.

I set up a perl script to set and fetch cookies, and
it does so correctly on my computer.  But, I went over
to a friend's windows computer, and when it tried to
bring up the site, the browser(IE) hung.  Part of the
web site is a flash presentation with music, but the
flash was hanging as well, and there was no music.

Whatever problem this is, it isn't a Perl problem. Your CGI script neither reads nor writes files on the client PC; the browser handles all that. Sounds like your friend's browser is broken? Or perhaps he has cookies disabled, in which case any cookies sent by your script are simply discarded and you won't see them come back.