On Sun, 18 Sep 2005, Tony Frasketi wrote:

> What I'm looking for is to avoid right clicking and choosing to save
> the file....  Is there a way to implement left clicking the link and
> automatically bringing up a "Save As" dialogue box?

If there's a way, it probably involves Javascript.

You could use a deliberately broken Content-type header to force it, but
that won't be reliable, and is wrongheaded in the first place.

Beyond that though, things are highly dependant on the browser. Are you
taking Firefox and Safari into account? You should be. You may be able
to come with some kind of Javascript hack that works with both of them
as well as Internet Explorer, but have fun trying to maintain it.

What have you tried so far?

--
Chris Devers

­ž      ̙EÚř©