Chris Devers wrote:

What have you tried so far?
I've tried two approaches so far.

1) An ftp://.... Link but that reqired a user ID and password. Nix to that !

2) <meta http-equiv=refresh content="3; url=xxxx.zip> in the header section of the web page which I obtained from.... http://www.dtp-aus.com/dwnloads.htm.

This did not work as advertised. This web page also suggested using a CGI script which is called in place of the actual file name (the link is changed) and having the script "organize" the "redirected" URL (not sure what this means). But I haven't tried this yet. I'm not quite sure what the CGI script would have to do... Probably ought to investigate this some more.

I will look around for some javascripts as you suggested. I'm currently using Mozilla 5.0 suite, I suppose Firefox amounts to the same thing as far as this topic goes.

I would have thought this feature would have certainly been worked out by this time....

Thanks for the response
Tony Frasketi