Scott R. Godin wrote:

script is at http://phpfi.com/78748

Possibly used the wrong web browser to upload the file. Not all of them
support this feature. Firefox does not. It will however provide the CGI
script with the file name.

Firefox doesn't support file uploads?  I use it all the time to test
scripts that accept uploads.

Huh?

It'd be news to me too -- I've used firefox for uploads plenty of times.

Regrettably this isn't getting me any closer to a resolution -- what about the code? can anyone see anything I might have overlooked? done wrong? should it, in fact, be working right now?

I had hoped this would be pretty straightforward, and tried my best to follow the examples in the docs and sample files, but I'm at a complete dead-end here.

Anyone?