Chris Devers
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
             11/01/2005 11:10                                           cc
             AM                        beginners-cgi@perl.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: uninitialized variable
             Please respond to
             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                   l.org

On Tue, 1 Nov 2005 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> from Perl Best Practices
>
> use
>
>    my $action = param('form_action') | | q{ }
>
> instead of
>
>    or ' '

Good catch. Yes, that's clearer than simple apostrophes.

However, you probably didn't really mean | | over ||, right ? :-)

I still think 'or' is clearer than '||' for this kind of thing, but if
PBP had a different rationale I can't remember what it was...

--
Chris Devers

yes dude....good catch as well ..... aka || and {}
Its a lotus notes thing... : (

Derek B. Smith
OhioHealth IT
UNIX / TSM / EDM Teams