I have a file that contains a listing of names like:

John

Paul

Kate
Paul

Charles

Kate

How do I write a script to parse through this file and just return the unique names. Ie I want the repetitions ignored.

Kind regards

Adedayo Adeyeye

Netcom Africa Limited

Engineering

South Atlantic Petroleum Tower

7/F, 7 Adeola Odeku Street

Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Tel:

234.1.461.1234

Skype: crownd

Fax:

234.1.461.1235

http://www.netcomafrica.com

Mobile:

0802.501.3758

The information contained in this communication is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and others authorized to receive it. If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking action in reliance of the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Kindly destroy this message and notify the sender by replying the email in such instances. We do not accept responsibility for any changes made to this message after it was originally sent and any views, opinions, conclusions or other information in this message which do not relate to the business of this firm or are not authorized by us. Netcom is not liable neither for the proper and complete transmission of the information contained in this communication nor any delay in its receipt.